Linking Businesses to the Worker Pipeline
If you are seeking to establish, expand, or relocate your business, the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board provides detailed information on available workers, training resources, and other data that allows you to make strategic decisions. The area's three Workforce Centers link you to services that will ensure you find, assess, and hire the employees most likely to succeed so that your business succeeds.
Workforce Centers can provide information on workers who:
- Are skilled, dependable, self-motivated to fill both immediate job vacancies and future vacancies.
- Will remain on the job after training has been provided.
- Will be productive with mature work skills, good work ethics, and attitude.
- Have a willingness to learn.
Click here for a full community profile (PDF).
Each Workforce Center offers businesses a wide range of value-added consultation and services. A certified business services specialist can assist you with:
- Applicant screening
- Applicant referrals
- On-the-job training
- Work keys assessment
- Skill proficiency testing
- Pre-employment assessment
- Pre-employment training
- Labor market information
- Area wage surveys
- Small business assistance
- Entrepreneurial training
- Job postings
- Computerized skills-based matching
- Tax credits for hiring eligible employees
- Prevailing wage information
- Economic trends
- Other business resources