The “One-Stop” Approach
The Western Virginia Workforce Development Board serves as a conduit for matching individuals seeking employment with businesses needing workers. The Board:
- Oversees the region's one-stop system of Workforce Centers, which provide a variety of services to businesses and individuals including job matching, career counseling and educational training resources.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive regional workforce development strategy to meet the needs of new and existing employees.
- Determines the needs for and assists in the development of appropriate employment training.
- Works with economic development professionals in recruiting new business and retaining existing employers by providing current data on the state of the local workforce and the employee pipeline.
- Advises local officials on trends and events affecting the workforce system.